Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Frozen Pizza

We have recently sampled some new frozen pizzas... Trader Joe's Pesto Pizza and Newman's Own White Pizza. I think overall, we were really impressed by both pizzas. It's pretty amazing what you can get for a few bucks in the grocer's freezer!

Trader Joe's Pesto Pizza had a chewy crust which was really yummy. The tomatoes and the pesto sauce created a really moist pizza that was at times messy, but always tasty. We really liked this pizza and I think it was something like $3 at Trader Joe's. We will definitely buy this one again! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

Newman's Own White pizza had a crispier dough. Overall, it was easier and less messy to eat, though the spinach did tend to get stuck in teeth. I loved the feta cheese topping (yum!). The pizza was a little dry... maybe we overcooked it? Not sure. We may buy this pizza again. It came in a huge box and made closing our freezer a little tricky, so it might be best for us to buy at the last minute on a night we know we will eat it. It was also more expensive at around $8.

(Sorry for the lack of photos - we ate both pizzas before remembering to take a photo!)

1 comment:

  1. I came here intending to write how much I missed your posts and was so happy to see and read so many recent posts. Yay!!!

    Anyway, here's something: http://scoutregalia.blogspot.com/2011/09/upstate-ny-part-4-pizza-tour-2011.html

    ReplyDelete