Sunday, January 29, 2012

Homemade Pizza

Last Christmas I had the opportunity to make homemade pizza with one of my older brothers. We used store bought pizza dough, Ragu sauce, and Sargento shredded mozzarella cheese. My brother took the dough out of the refrigerator a couple hours before we used it to let it rise a little. I think this helped. He spread the dough out and then I added the sauce. I was kinda light on the sauce, because in the past I have found that it is easy to overdo it on the sauce. This time I ended up being a little dry, so I have to work on a happy medium amount for sauce. My brother had the good idea of putting out little dipping bowls of sauce for our pizza, so in the end it was moist enough.

We made two kinds of pizza. I made a "Sandwich Pizza." What's that, you ask? Well, earlier in the day I bought a grilled vegetable and goat cheese wrap. I had only been able to finish half, so I spread the leftover veggies and cheese on the pizza. It was pretty awesome to say the least. This photo doesn't do it justice...


My brother created a Hawaiian pizza. He cut slices of pineapple and patted them gently with a paper towel to get rid of some of the moisture. He topped this with slices of ham. It ended up looking good and according to the meat eaters it tasted good too...


One of the best parts of the meal was sharing it with my nephew. I'd been looking forward to eating pizza with my nephews since they were born. It was worth the wait. My nephew loves pizza! Just look at his happy face. I can't wait to eat pizza with my other nephews someday

No comments:

Post a Comment